Pricing & Tagging
- The tags need to be printed on WHITE CARDSTOCK and printed with BLACK INK ONLY!!! Since you are printing the barcode scan on the actual tag, (IN YOUR HOME) it is IMPERATIVE that you follow the instruction GUIDELINES, or you will be denied drop off of your items!
- When printing your tags (For PC users: You must use INTERNET EXPLORER)
- (For MAC users: DON'T USE FIREFOX.. Change the "Scaling" to 95 percent instead of 100. Prints them perfectly on one sheet.)
A laser printer is BEST!..IF YOU HAVE AN INJET printer..set the printer on a lower ink setting, (draft) meaning not BOLD, 100%! Most standard settings are great. The lighter barcodes scanned perfectly! The heavy ink ones were much more difficult and had to be hand entered:( Please help us as we are here to help you!! Print out one page of your tags and look at the barcode, is it really BOLD and fuzzy.. if so then choose another setting in the properties of your printer settings.
- If you have been told your tags are not scanning.. everyones nightmare.. please know you will need to fix this for the next sale. You can call me with any questions 503-849-3308.
- All clothing must be on hangers, plastic hangers, with the hanger facing to the left as illustrated. Best place to get FREE hangers is Kohls, Old Navy, Kmart, Fred Meyer, etc.. Tagging gun/or/SAFETY PIN the corner of the tag into the garments left seam allowance. If it's pants, see placement of tag, in the picture above. NO STRAIGHT PINS!!!!
- NOTE: If using a garment tagging gun…it is much faster than safety pins and works great for a large number of clothing items all at once. Be careful when using the tagging gun as it will leave a hole in the item. Tag into the garments seam, (NOTE TAG PLACEMENT ABOVE). I have tagging guns for purchase if you want one. I buy them locally they are $14.00 each and the barbs are .15cents for a rack of 50... please contact me.
- Have these tags PLACED in the APPROPRIATE PLACE WE ASK YOU TO PLACE THEM AT OUR SALE!!, in other words don’t hide the tag inside the clothes, we need to see it, to efficiently check people out!
- When sizing your items, S, M, L, XL is only acceptable for MATERNITY. Children's clothes should be sized with number sizes, i.e. 12 M, 2T, 5 etc. NOT S, M, L To reduce check in time. THIS MEANS YOU NEED TO KNOW THE ACTUAL # SIZE these XS SM MED LG XLG children's items represent!
- Books, please cover the barcode on the book with your consignor tag. Our scanners pick up those barcodes.
- Please try NOT to put items in plastic Ziploc bags, (UNLESS you ABSOLUTELY have too) They don't sell, shoppers want to see everything, and check items over for quality.
- Toys MUST be working, BATTERIES in all items that take one. You can either tape the tag on the toy, or tie ribbon on the toy and attach the tag to the ribbon, making sure NOT to cover your barcode so we can scan it quickly.
- Blankets, Slings, Carriers, Shopping Cart covers can all be hung on tube hangers as we hang these items.
- Again you NEED to have your items sorted by size and gender (rubber band sizes together). REMEMBER YOU WILL HAVE TO STAY AND SORT SIZES AND GENDERS IF YOU FAILED TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE! THIS MEANS 3MO: IS NOT 3-6MO; 3-9MO; 0-3 MO! ALL SIZES NEED TO BE SEPERATED! THIS MAKES Our drop off process seamless! and if you put your items in the wrong size it most likely won't sell because shoppers are looking for the sizes they need, not going through every size section.
- Tag Size/Example: NOTE! The BLACK DOT is NOT to be a hole punch for you to attach this tag to your items. It means DONATE!! If you punch this dot, all your items may be DONATED!!!
- The tag should be approximately 3 1/4" by 1 3/4". 10 tags per sheet! NOT SMALLER!!